Monday, May 16, 2011

Bathing Beauties


Bath time at our house is a little bit comedy, a little bit mermaid and a lot of slippery wet kids. As a kid I had pretty severe allergies and even as I got older I found that many soaps and lotions caused my skin to break-out, itch or dry out. When I found out I was pregnant with my first baby I did a lot of research into what to use on the new little one's delicate skin. I settled on Aveeno's oatmeal based baby care line, that worked well for all three of my kids when they were tiny and I have even used the body wash on myself in a pinch (read, when I was showering in the kids' bathroom).
Eventually though the babies have grown into small people and I have continued looking for bath time products that are good for their skin and will encourage them to stay in the tub long enough to get the job done. One line that is easy to find and meets my organic/natural standards is California Baby. Target carries many items from this line including shampoo, conditioner, body wash and a few diaper products. One of my favorites (given that there are three little bathers in my house) is the jumbo sized, pump bottle of Calming Shampoo & Bodywash. My only complaint is that the shampoo is a bit drying on my daughters' hair.
So, the search continued. Recently we were introduced to another line of children's skincare products, our new favorite, Little Twig! The name is cute, the products are wonderful, they smell richly of the natural fruits and herbs that are actual ingredients not just fragrances. There are tangerine, lavender and fragrance free versions of their shampoos, conditioners and body wash. Last night we tried the Calming Lavender Bodymilk. Putting the lotion on my kids was an aromatherapy treat for me as well as them. This morning as I pulled the baby from his crib he still smelled freshly cleaned and even more huggable than ever. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment